Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Having A Blast With Colour Blast!

Hello crafty people!
 
  Well I am the first to admit that I have really neglected my little blog.  I am going to try and keep on top of it a bit more this year, tho I must admit I don't always find it easy to navigate my way around!  I find it much more easier to just share on Facebook.  If you are on Facebook feel free to friend me.  I am under the name Joanne Simons :)
 
Anyways late last year I was given some of the amazing new Colour Blast products from the wonderful Tenisha at Scrap Elegance Scrapbook Supplies.  WOW WOW WOW!  I had a wonderful time playing with these products.  They have texture pastes, embossing powders and also colour mists all in the most divine range of shimmery colours!
 
So I was given the colour Deep Water.  So pretty.
 
Here is my first layout.  I used the texture paste for my background.
 
The flowers I gave a very fine spray mist with the spray.  My frame I covered in gesso first and then again just a very fine spray withthe mist.


 
Here is a closer look.  I love how some of the colour is vibrant and shimmery but you can still achieve a more subtle tone too.

 
This next layout is definately a little more bolder! 
 
 I have again used the spray on my frame but also gone over it with an ink pad to give it a little depth.  The really cool thing is that the colour still shimmers through.  The text script stencil is also done using the texture paste. I LOVE how this one turned out.  Definately one of my favourites at the moment that I have done.  Think it might be the yellow and blue colours as they are colours that i don't normally use and its always good to step out of your comfort zone right?
 


I had some nice big white blossoms and thought they would look great coloured so again I have sprayed them.  The square chippie piece is covered using the embossing powder.



Thanks for stopping by and having a little look.  I promise I will update a little more frequently - well at least try
 
Crafty hugs to all
 
Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment