Friday, February 8, 2013

Mad About Scrappin Challenge

Hello!  Happy Friday!  Yay the weekend is here at last!

Just sharing some exciting news. I'm now creating again for the lovely Leanne at Mad About Scrappin!  I was so happy that she has asked me back for another term designing for her.

This months challenge was to use two techniques,  cluster of embellishments and a fav colour combo to create a card, layout or off the page.  I decided on an easel card.


 
My first technique was colouring with my Prisma colours.  This image is a digital design from Funky Kits.  How sweet is she!!  Love her!  My second technique is stitching.  I am MAD about stitching at the moment.  It is all done by hand coz as most people know, my machine and I don't really get along very well!  I love the look that the stitching gives.  Kinda just finishes those edges off.

 
Here is a close of up of my embellies
 
 
As for my fav colour combo, I have so many that I like.  Pink is my fav colour but because I couldn,t choose, I decided to go with one of my favourite paper collections at the moment.  I chose Kaisercraft's The Lakehouse .  Love the soft vintage feel to these papers.
 
So why not have a go?  We would love to see your take on the sketch and there is a fantastic prize up for grabs.  Pop over and check out the blog or the Facebook page for deets.
 
Enjoy your weekend, and try and stay cool.  We are in for a few stinking hot days now.  Yuk!
 
Hugs
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow Joanne! I love how you have coloured that gorgeous image. Dark brown and pink is a favourite colour combo of mine and I love stitching on cards so this one ticks lots of boxes for me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Sandra. Much appreciated x

      Delete